You’ve probably heard about facial rejuvenation procedures that reduce the appearance of facial lines and wrinkles. If a face lift comes to mind at the mention of words such as wrinkles and anti-aging, you are correct in associating it with the aforementioned procedure. However, here at our Cleveland facial cosmetic surgery practice, a face lift is more than just removing fine lines and wrinkles; the procedure itself is relatively architectural as it tightens facial muscles and lifts facial skin.
To help you make an informed decision concerning your face lift surgery, below are the basic elements of the procedure:
- Removal of extra fat. During your face lift, the excess fat, which tends to make your jawline less distinct and contribute to the appearance of jowls, is carefully removed or redistributed. Fat removal results to a more pronounced facial contours.
- Tightening and lifting of the muscles and surrounding skin. Dr. Totonchi will gently lift the underlying muscles and connective tissues to help restore the face’s naturally youthful position.
- Repositioning of the facial skin. Once fat is removed and the underlying muscles has been lifted, excess facial skin will be carefully trimmed and gently repositioned.
Common Signs of an Aging Face
For most of our patients here at our practice, the following are the most common signs of facial aging that lead them to visit us for a personal consultation:
- Thinner and drier skin as a result of loss of elasticity which frequently happens as one ages
- Less-defined cheekbones due to loss of facial volume
- Sagging skin in the brow, eyelids, and lower face brought about by tissue displacement
- Repeated smiling, frowning, squinting, pursing the lips, and other expressions could lead to the appearance of permanent lines and folds
- Accumulation of fat in the neck and chin areas.
Let us help you come up with a personalized face lift surgery plan here at our Cleveland plastic surgery practice. Call us now at 216–778–2262 for a personal consultation with Dr. Totonchi. You can also choose to fill out this contact form. We look forward to your visit!