Due to aging, genetics and other environmental factors, your hair may eventually fall off and cause baldness. When you’ve tried every home remedy that could make your hair grow and still haven’t gotten significant results, perhaps it is time to consider a hair transplant. But patients who have undergone the procedure have to be more careful with their new hair now.
In order to gain optimal results, patients must adhere to the post-operative instructions given by their doctor, which may include the following:
- Do not take certain medications such as ibuprofen, aspirin for at least three days following the procedure. These medications, as well as alcohol, can result to excessive bleeding. You may take pain medications in case of any discomfort or headaches.
- Avoid strenuous exercises like running, weight lifting, cycling, baseball, or tennis for about a week following hair transplant. This may increase your blood pressure and result to bleeding in the treated areas. Also, contact sports must be avoided for about two weeks after hair transplant.
- For 48 hours following surgery, it is best not to bend suddenly or lift heavy objects. When sleeping, it is important to keep the head elevated to a position above the heart. Doing so decreases the risk for bleeding and excessive swelling.
- Put ice packs on the forehead and the donor area found at the back of the head for the first day. Do this for at least four times a day for a duration of 15 minutes per application. Be careful not to disturb the surrounding grafts by applying only light pressure.
- Swelling could occur two to three days following hair transplant surgery. The swelling will not cause any pain yet may proceed to the areas surrounding the eyes. When faced with these symptoms, it is best not to panic since the swelling will fade after a few days.
Hair transplant in Cleveland, OH
Don’t want to go bald? Prevent that from happening and get a hair transplant now. Call Dr. Totonchi at (216) 778-2262 and book an appointment with him today!