Skin maladies can affect your overall appearance and take away your youthful glow. Here at our Cleveland skin rejuvenation practice, we see an increasing number of patients who are interested in reducing the appearance of skin imperfections, such as blemishes and acne scars, through laser resurfacing.
What can laser resurfacing treat?
Laser resurfacing can treat the following:
- wrinkles and fine lines that surround the eyes, mouth, and forehead
- shallow scars from acne or chickenpox
- fine wrinkles that don’t respond to a facelift
- aged skin
- sun-damaged skin
- warts and birthmarks
- enlarged oil glands found on the nose
What are the limitations of laser resurfacing?
Laser resurfacing cannot remove stretch marks. It is also not suitable for people who have severe acne or very dark skin. Those with very sensitive skin may not be good candidates for laser resurfacing, too.
What else should I know before taking advantage of laser resurfacing?
- There might be swelling and bruising for seven to 10 days after the procedure. You may have to stay in your home during this time.
- The face will appear crusty, scabbed, and raw following laser resurfacing.
- Although you can see a significant improvement, do not expect your skin to appear unflawed.
- You have to follow after-care instructions carefully in order to heal properly. This includes cleansing the skin properly, applying a skin lubricant, and changing dressings regularly.
- Like other medical procedures, there are risks in laser resurfacing. Most complications are temporary, such as tenderness of the skin, prolonged redness, and flushing. Hyperpigmentation may also occur. More serious risks include hypopigmentation and scarring rarely happen.
- The skin will appear dry for a week. Your skin will also peel for a week and then you will start to see the effects of the procedure.
Laser Resurfacing in Cleveland, Ohio
Laser resurfacing is not for everyone. During your consultation with Dr. Totonchi, you will know if laser resurfacing is for you. In case you are not a good candidate for the procedure, you will be provided with options that are more suitable for you.
For more information on laser resurfacing and to know your options on how to have rejuvenated and younger-looking skin, give us a call today at 216-778-2262. We look forward to hearing from you!