Laser resurfacing is a very popular cosmetic treatment among our patients. Laser resurfacing can effectively reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles, remove blemishes and acne scars, or improve skin discoloration. Laser also can be used for superficial vascular lesions and hair removal. Laser resurfacing uses short pulses of light on skin irregularities and gently removes layers of the skin.
Laser resurfacing can treat fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes, mouth, and forehead. Laser resurfacing can also benefit patients who have shallow scars, and fine wrinkles that are unresponsive to a facelift procedure. However, patients with severe cases of acne, or those with very dark skin do not qualify for laser resurfacing. It is also important to note that laser resurfacing will not be able to remove stretch marks. Dr. Ali Totonchi makes it a point to set expectations with his patients in Cleveland, OH to make sure that their treatment goals can be addressed by laser resurfacing.
What Lesions can be treated using laser?
Laser has different wavelengths, devices and techniques. Wide variety of lesions can be treated using laser devices, most common procedures are:
– Facial resurfacing using Co2 or fractional Co2 laser, thus procedure helps with fine wrinkles in the face and forehead ares, also helpful in combination with cosmetic surgeries like face lift or eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty).
– Laser for superficial vascular lesions or spider veins
– laser for hair removal
– IPL laser for light , office base skin tightening
– Deep FX or scar FX laser for scar conditions like bust scars, hypertrophic scar or keloids
– Pigmented lesions
What are the types of laser resurfacing for patients in Cleveland, OH?
If you are a patient in Cleveland, OH and you are considering having a laser resurfacing procedure, you may consider CO2 facial rejuvenation.
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing (ablative facial rejuvenation) – this technique for laser resurfacing has been widely used. This is an effective laser resurfacing technique for treating wrinkles, acne scars, warts, and enlarged oil glands. CO2 laser resurfacing uses short pulses of light or ultrapulse that is delivered in a scanning pattern. This removes very thin layers of skin causing very minimal damage to skin itself. Following treatment, a silicone dressing is usually applied to reduce the recovery time of patients to as short as one week.
- We also use pulsed dye laser and Nd:YAG laser for non-ablative facial rejuvenation deep and superficial veins, hair reduction and pigmented lesions.
Other Lasers now available in our office:
- Fractional C02 Laser
- Deep FX co2 for deeper lesions
- Scar FX for scar treatment
- Hair Removal
- Vasacular Lesions
What is a laser resurfacing procedure like for patients in Cleveland, OH?
Unfortunately, laser resurfacing is not for everyone. Dr. Ali Totonchi determines during a consultation if the patient is an appropriate candidate for laser resurfacing. If not, he is always willing to recommend a more suitable treatment for his patients.
Laser resurfacing is typically done on an outpatient basis in our certified facilities in Cleveland, Lyndhurst and Westlake, OH. The type of anesthesia used will depend on the size of the treatment area. The treatment will last about 45 minutes if the laser resurfacing is to be done on certain parts of the face. If the entire face is being treated, then the laser resurfacing procedure may last for up to 1.5 hours.
Patients will be provided instructions on proper care after the laser resurfacing procedure. Patients should expect skin dryness and peeling approximately a week after the laser resurfacing procedure and will then start to appreciate their rejuvenated and younger looking skin.
Give us a call today at (216) 778-2262 for more information or to schedule a consultation.